Step into my world, feel my poems and allow your wandering soul to get lost in the fragnance of the soothing stories from the land that does not actually exist. Allow this feeling to creep into your being and let your nerves speak the language of that far-off land. Bienvenido :)

Friday 8 June 2012

The broken boat stranded on a desolate coast


When my wandering heart caught a glance
of the wretched wooden creature ,
that hardly resembled the image of an old fashioned boat,
my eyes travelled in a flashback,
that seemed so full of life yet so absurd.
Even though I was firmly rooted to the spot,
I could hear the footsteps of my heart
walking on the path of sentiment
that haunted the quiet solitary coast.
I could hear the laughter of jolly children 
endless gossips and high pitched discussions of men and women,
the chirping birds,
and the naughty splash 
when the tides ran through the majestic rocks.
Vendors crying out to tempt the children
towards their enticing stalls
containing cotton candies,tarts,pastries and colourful handmade toys.
Seafood joints made of bamboo sticks,
carrying an impressive coastal look,
with customers swarming in and out
every now and then.
The wild rush of the wind
making its own unique noise.
My eyes had to run fast 
so that I didn't miss a moment.
While stabilising my bamboozled mind,
I caught the glimpse of a little girl,
bearing the widest smile of all,with the numbered fingers firmy curled
around the fleshy,protective index finger
of a smart,well built young man
that could be none other than her father.
They both walked swiftly through the cold sandgrains through their feet,
talking about the planets,the stars and the far off lands.
The father kept asking the young girl 
if her little feet were tired
and she said a proud 'no' each time
just to show how strong a daughter she was.
Neither did the father feel tired of narrating stories
of bravery,values and wisdom,
nor did the girl lack interest,
and on went their warm and wise talk ,
even when the colour of the sky changed.
As it was getting dark ,and fear clutched the cold arm of the girl,
she climbed into her father's  soldiers
and they both started leaving the coast .
It was not until now that I felt like watching so keenly.
A chill ran through my nerves and I froze.
What a magnificient bonding I had with my Dad
and even now what magnificient bonding it was meant to be .
I have no right to blame either him oor the circumstances.
It was me,who had thoughtlessly stopped talking to him.
Even though it was me who possessed it now,
I should have never ignored the noble people
by whom 'my life' was gifted to me.
As I was heading on the journey of realisation,
I stumbled.
Something cold and harsh touched my knees .
With a flick of the eyelid ,
I was out of the movie.
Twilight was deepening in the real world
and right before me was a broken boat,
the same one,
however not in the same condition
of which I had caught a short glimpse 

In the flashback that I had witnessed a few moments ago.
I felt as if the wild wind rushing towards me
shook me by my arms
trying to make me realise,
even a smart teen like me had a child's heart.
And now, a soft smile takes hold of my face
when I say Dad
"It was a broken boat stranded on the desolate coast 
that brought me back to your kind heart."

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to u girl! U hav beautifully captured a plethora of emotions in a turbulent 17 year old on her journey back to emotional stability and understanding the significant others. I think each of us who hav crossed the raging teenage years cn connect with these emotions.
    The analogy is superb as well. ""It was a broken boat stranded on the desolate coast
    that brought me back to your kind heart." Lovely.

    ReplyDelete