Step into my world, feel my poems and allow your wandering soul to get lost in the fragnance of the soothing stories from the land that does not actually exist. Allow this feeling to creep into your being and let your nerves speak the language of that far-off land. Bienvenido :)

Thursday 7 June 2012

The Darkest Night of my Life


I'll never forget
those pinning words you made me hear,
never forget those butcher's eyes
transperent enough
to show me the ocean of
devilish intentions inside.
You were already gloating over
the pain you had caused me 
while my eyes were running through your face,
your eyes,
your gestures,
to make out the slightest of
what you were actually upto.
I felt a raging blizzard
inside the pit of my belly,
felt dizzy,
felt like red hot iron rods had been
pierced through my eyes,
hands shivering like anything,
head gone blank,
refusing to take notice of anything
that was going on.
and then,suddenly,as if I woke up
from a tiring long slumber,
realised that I had stopped breathing.
I started the process
without a second thought,
perhaps my heart wanted to take in
some more of the pain
that was being showered
by the one I
 used to call 
'my world','my life','my pain reliever'.
I was just about to leave 
when I felt the gentlemanly presence
of the other two persons,
witnessing this bitter,one sided fight,
between you and me.
I don't know what made me keep my mouth shut,
head buried deep under the ground,
feeling pain, hatred, confusion, madness,
so many emotions mixed,
as I had never been through before .
At first I was contemplating suicide ,
at the very next moment thinking of murder.
Your bold shameless act made me feel sick
But yeah ! Thanks to you
I witnessed the darker side of life,
I was taught to believe that my life is all about ME,
My own battle,
battle against everyone else.
There is no one whom I can call mine,
whom I can ask for help anytime .
There is no one and there will never be .
Thanks to you again
for you constricted all my human feelings.
You'll never ever have to fight with me
to get your decisions followed,
your opinions carried out
the very way you want,
I promise you that.
coz I broke apart
the brittle strings of bonding,

that held fast our relationship,
that very night.
I guarantee you a peaceful and happy life
from now on

coz I won't be there to disturb you ,
to hurt you,
to bring you shame,
as you think I've always had.
I am going out of your life forever and ever.
going away to never return,
I promise you that.
And thanks.
Thanks for showing me
the darkest night of my life.


1 comment:

  1. So, my little Emily Dickinson has FINALLY opened her drawer for the blogosphere!
    cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete