Step into my world, feel my poems and allow your wandering soul to get lost in the fragnance of the soothing stories from the land that does not actually exist. Allow this feeling to creep into your being and let your nerves speak the language of that far-off land. Bienvenido :)

Friday 8 June 2012

The Forgotten Song



A canary chirped inside the golden bars,
fluttering her delicate wings with terrible force
for the divine longing of swimming high in the air.
She has forgotten the song she used to sing in the forest.
She has forgotten the taste of the food she once relished.
She has forgotten her home,her family,her friends.
She no more makes sweet noise.
Her voice reflects her pain,
her voice trembles.
She wants no delicacies to be fed,
no golden cage to live in.
All she wants is to be touched by the warm sunrays,
to see the vast stretch  of blue,
to sing the forgotten song,
in the densest of woods.
She wants to race with her friends ,
to drench herself in the cold rain.
When the little creature sobs,
no good hearts are there to show pity.
People watch the restless bird from far,
and clap,
being gratified by her strange act.
True.
Human have good logic.
They are far more advanced,
to understand the agony of the little bird.
One day,
I see a lifeless yellow creature,
feathers surrounding her ,
gone to the father high above,
to get the answers 
for those numerous questions her mind ever pondered
throught her life ,
though short it was.

Gone is the canary,
and gone with her is the memory of 'The Forgotten Song '.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be bugged up for I just can't help it. I know my comments r getting repititive. But this is all I hav to say. BEAUTIFUL. Moving. Touching.
    The end, I'll b honest, made me scared. Suicidal tendencies, anyone? :P
    I know the answer, so don't worry abt hw to answer me. I ws just pulling ur legs B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O gr8 psychologist! Thank you so much for appreciating it.anyways u guys don't leave a chance to kidnap subjects for your weird research and counselling,do u? well,no suicidal teens here.not me either...it was just a poem :p

    ReplyDelete