Step into my world, feel my poems and allow your wandering soul to get lost in the fragnance of the soothing stories from the land that does not actually exist. Allow this feeling to creep into your being and let your nerves speak the language of that far-off land. Bienvenido :)

Friday 8 June 2012

The longest talk I ever had




Raw and chill was the winter morning,
when he dropped by my house
to ask of my company for a stroll by the woods.
My teeth chattered as I hastened down the stairs,
my toes ignoring the pain,
my eyes gleaming brighter than ever before.
My breath was suspended until i reached him at the door.
I wish I could stand there the same ,
admiring the beauty of his smile
but then he took hold of my chilled fingers 
and led me to the empty frozen road outside,
shining brilliantly ,
though it had been lashed last night.
Little dark though it was,
the lamp that he carried threw light on the gravel road,
sodden by the recent thaw.
As the dawn was about to break ,
we decended the frozen valley,
and comforted ourselves on a fat log,
though little tired our feet were
after the long walk.
I heard a wild wind rushing amongst the trees
breaking the tranquilising silence
capable of making anyone fall in love.
We both let the wind make ghosty noise ,
declaring him the winner of the field
and we engaged ourselves 
in the strange long talk of ours.
Neither of us spoke a word .
His eyes told me enchanting stories
and I guess he was able too
to understand the language my eyes used,
however difficult it was.
We talked and talked ,
and later,
when we had parted our ways,
I realised ,
'It was the longest talk I ever had'.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww!!! so sweet!
    "I heard a wild wind rushing amongst the trees
    breaking the tranquilising silence
    capable of making anyone fall in love." Lovely.
    And the ending! Ah! Typically u ;)

    ReplyDelete